Wednesday, February 15, 2012

October

 October was extremely bitter sweet.  We lost a great grandpa, but got to share some new memories and freshed family ties with all the love shared in the grief over a quick loss of our grandpa.  I have always had a special relationship with my grandparents, but many times you take them for granted.  I didn't get to spend a lot of time with my Grandpa Roger.  It is the little things in life that you miss the most.  I miss hearing his laugh at my brother.  I miss hearing new stories of Grandpa driving slow.  Life does go on and I am so proud of my grandma for all that she has accomplished.  I have NO idea what it is like to lose your best friend of 50+ years, but I do know the experience of  having an empty house and getting used to all the little noises that you take for granted when you shield and trust is next to you in bed or beside you to care for you.  I am so proud of all that she has done.  Love you Grandma Jackie!

No comments: