Saturday, January 31, 2009

Loving life

Menu Planning - If you don't do it...you are crazy! I no longer have a need to even think about eating out, because I feel guilty that Idid the planning for our meals and don't do it. I don't have to stress or even THINK about what are we going to have for supper each night, because it is already planned for me (and I did it:)) I am only listing suppers, because it is assumed that Casey and I will eat leftovers for lunch and the boys eat at daycare:) both breakfast and lunch. It is also assumed that I will serve a fruit and veggie with each meal (unless it is in the main dish). These side dishes will vary depending on the sales and what I have stocked up.

Here we go:
Monday - Mac-n-cheese Broccoli Chicken (meal from Kraft food family magazine -FREE)
Tuesday - Tuna Casserole - Casey's request (it is so nice to get a request BMP (before Meal Planning) the answer to "What would you like for dinner?" was the same. Now I have requests...fun!)
Wednesday - Frozen pizza (Awana night)
Thursday - Taco Pie - New recipe from my Taste of Home recipe card books I got with my Christmas money
Friday - Italian Beef in a Crock Pot - New recipe from my Taste of Home Crock book recipe card book
Sat- Lunch - Leftovers,
Sat- Night - Calzones
Sunday - Lunch - freezer meal
Sunday night - Chix in a pot with mushrooms

What do I need to actually get at the store this week: Onion, milk
I do have a few things that I am running short of that I will purchase if I see they are on sale or have multiple coupons for: PB, Rice, Foil

People claim that a family of four can't live off of $20 a week for groceries...I am out to prove them wrong! I do have plenty stocked up, so that helps too:)

HAVING A HUSBAND HOME: Wow! I can see why my posts were very dark in the beginning of December...no husband. I read on a military wife's blog the other day about life with a military man or someone who travels a lot with their job...it is difficult. When they are home, it is such an awesome feeling to have help, talk to someone, hear another opinion, etc. Casey was gone all week practicing War for the last time for the next 6 years!

HAVING TWO BOYS TAKE A NAP and being able to fall asleep to the Ultimate Recipe Showdown on cable. I realize that cable is an added benefit for most households...but man is it nice! I am loving the food channel.

I will post more tomorrow about our week and include pictures...but just thought I would post my thoughts on saving money, being organized, and loving it! You can do it too! It is easy and so much fun! No need for entertainment for me...just give me CVS, Walgreens and the sale ads:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot agree with you more about meal planning...it makes life so much more relaxed. I, too, love the Food Network Channel but we're losing it due to a switch to a Christian TV programming called SKy Angel. You can google it if you want to check it out, we are loving it...it's way cleaner TV than cable, cheaper, and you can order good clean movies. Thanks for blogging..I'm still readin'!!