Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Motivated Mom Planner


I would love to try to blog everyday...but it just isn't in my new motivated mom planner:) Go HERE to check it out. I LOVE IT! My house has never been this clean and the boys and I have never had so much fun together. It is my goal to try to blog once a week. I know how disappointing that might be Annie or Kendra...but I am able to fill my time with more productive things like reading my own books, playing with the boys, and saving money.


I have made a meal plan for the past two weeks and stuck with it. So far I have spent $40 on groceries (plus $55 for meat to save for the next time we need to buy a 1/2 a beef). IN the process of saving money though I have lost my wallet (still no activity and still have not found it!) and also lost my $5 in rewards from Walgreens with $20 cash. So techinically I have not saved a stinkin penny due to my disorganization and losing my mind...ugh! But I do feel better mentally!


I have left work at 4:00 since we have come back from break and as of Friday, I have only a short 6 item to do list that I hope to CONQUER on Monday when we have a professional development day (NO KIDS).

I was able to attend the Zion Women's banquet last night and Casey stayed home with the boys. It was great to get out with other women and know that my boys are safe with Casey! Another thing we have enjoyed this week has been hot chocolate and being grateful. Kenner has really turned into a grateful little boy. He says,"Thanks for dinner mom." Or "Thanks for making me hot chocolate." It has been such a blessing to come home by 4:15 and get to do fun things with the boys instead of rushing for supper, then baths, then bed time.

Casey and I have worked tirelessly on our basement. Casey installed a corn stove (thanks to Grandma Judy and bartering) in our basement, which has lead to making it more of a place for our family to hang out with out electronics (aka TV). The boys bought a 132 piece train set with the money they received from Christmas, so Daddy and the boys will be making the train table to go down in the basement this week. We are almost ready for living downstairs minus a few more boxes to go through. We have given all our stuff to the City Mission first and then to Good Will versus having a garage sale. No storing until the garage sale date and it will go to some good people. If anyone has an old couch that is in good shape or any furniture...we would love to give it a home. We are just looking for free furniture to lounge and read on down stairs. Also if anyone has any free okay looking carpet/rugs, we would take it:)

Here are some pics from the week (and over Christmas break at the Elge's...SO MUCH FUN!):

Hot chocolate break
My first shopping trip to CVS, Walgreens, and Once upon a Child (which I sold back $31 of things and got two Valentine shirts for the boys for $3.00!) If you don't count what I lost...UGH!...I spent $17 at Walgreens (pop, 4 cans of mushrooms) with $5 to use next time = $12.00. CVS - no luck. Super Saver - $20.00 (had I not gotten the rubbermaid tub (which was on the clearance shelf in the back of the store for my flour for $5) I would have only spent $15.00 this week on groceries)

Family pic at our house. We also hosted the Courtney's and Elge's this week at our house for our yearly get together. It was great to talk with them and have them at our house! Come back anytime!

The Elge Family:)

Boys hiding from nap time under the desk downstairs...sneaky! (Kenner is in his doctor's costume which is on backwards!)
Where's Waldo or The Generals?

Hmmm...I cleaned out the medicine cupboard downstairs and thought it has never been raided before. So I "hid" the M and M's in there, which are a reward for Bubbi to go potty. Guess who found it and also DUMPED the entire bag of M and M's in the sink...as seen below!




Photography 101 with Grandpa Dennis








2 comments:

kayder1996 said...

Great little chore keeper sheet. I hate housework but feel like if I'm going to be home all day, I should be mostly responsible for it. But the thought of my life being only about house cleaning is terrifying. So I made myself something similar for each day of the week. (Mondays dust living room, Tuesday clean downstairs bathroom, etc.) I was pretty good at getting in a system and then the holidays happened. I like that your list has things like exercise and vitamins because those are things I never get to. (I did put exercise on my lists but then never did it.) Hope your billfold turns up.

Jen said...

Hi, I'm so glad I finally found your blog! I love the banner on top. I have similar resolutions for this year- good luck! I enjoyed the pictures of your kids. They all grow so fast.