Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bedtime stories

Bed time has been quite hillarious in our home these days. For some reason the boys do not like it if Casey or myself come down stairs after reading the boys a book, tickling their back and singing them a song. Many times we hear, "COME BACK UPSTAIRS" yelled from the top of the stairs from our soft spoken Bubbi.

Patton has been getting in trouble at school for tackling and also telling the teachers no. Hmmm...not sure if watching NU football and this next story has anything to do with it.

Casey had just come down stairs from putting the boys to bed (not asleep) and we hear Patton yell from his bed (at the top of his lungs I might add), "STAY UP HERE!" (repeat 4 times) "STAY UP HERE, I SAID." Kenner proceeds to say, "You are waking me up Bubbi, be quiet." Hmm waking him up? Casey had just walked down the stairs. I can see that maybe sharing a bedroom might not be the best choice in the future:) Learning how to share even ear space:)

Patton has also been yelling at the top of his lungs, "I AM DOING IT." After Casey and I have told him 3+ times to do something like pick up his toys. No it isn't respectful (we are working on it), but both CAsey and I laugh before teaching respect...because the yelling comes from the bottom most portion of his stomach and is very loud. It is something you have to hear:)

We are on the mend from bronchitits (Casey), sinus infections (boys), and lost voice (mom). CAsey has also had a couple nice days to do siding. Casey, Kenner and myself helped yesterday. Of course, Casey had to stop and take a break (due to him not feeling well). Poor guy doesn't feel that he can rest (I promise I am not pushing him out there!)

Have a great week.

2 comments:

JAR Family said...

Wow, that kid reminds me more and more of his Aunt Annie everyday! :) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Ya know...I am wishing at this stage in life that I would have jotted down all the funny and frank things the kids have said over the years..I'm sure I could fill a 300 page book! Thanks for sharing! :]