Saturday, June 16, 2012

Vbs - 10 plagues craft

Oh boy the 10 plagues had me dreaming of ideas since I first found out that we were to reach 10 plagues in one day. I found several ideas on pinterest, but only had 20 minutes to have the kids create and do something to help them. It took one pinterest idea and several trips to the sticker departments all over to generate ideas for the different plagues. This is what we ended up doing.

Pharaoh was decorated with sticker stars
Water to blood was colored
Frogs was stickers
Dust to lice was tape dipped in wheat germ or rice
Flies was either silver flower stickers w two petals plucked off or a bee stamp of black
Dead livestock was farm animal stickers upside down with lines noting the rotten smell
Locusts was beetle stickers
Hail storm was silver bling w rain drop stickers
Boils were a bandaid
Darkness was a black square of paper
Death of firstborn was a simple drawing of a baby w a red x over it.

I staples them into books so they can take them home and read it over and over again.

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am in the same boat--I have to do one craft covering ten plagues in 20 minutes! This is great!
What tune do you sing the song to?

Unknown said...

Farmer in the Dell! Got it!

Emily C. Hike said...

Do you have the booklet saved as a PDF or Word Doc that I may have?

Unknown said...

Is there a PDF or Word Doc that I may use for my preschoolers? We are studying the 10 Plagues next week. Thank You!

Unknown said...

Is there a PDF or Word Doc that I may use for my preschoolers? We are studying the 10 Plagues next week! Thank You!
Email is mschliewe@stjohnredwood.org