Friday, June 06, 2008

First round of Storms...

without Casey. Pictures can't give this night justice. It was 10:30 pm, I am home with the boys, because Casey just left that afternoon for 4 days and Patton was still awake...AND the power goes off. Right before then I was watching the storm and red pockets of storms were popping up everywhere. I decided to make the move downstairs to sleep and to try to find some type of light WITH Mr. Bubbi in tow.

No flashlight to be found so I resorted to candles...easy I THOUGHT! So I lit 6 candles. Those candles would light my path from the boy's bedroom on our 2nd floor to the basement, easy....right?!? I distributed the candles (again with Bubbi in tow behind me...or so I thought) up and down three flights of stairs. I came back from being down stairs and I hear alittle voice going, "Hot mommy Hot." I didn't think anything about it until I turned the corner to see my little Bubbi with a lit candle in his hands below his head (so his head was a-glow) saying, "Hot Mommy Hot" AH! My house isn't going to be blown down it is going to be burnt down!
I moved all the candles up higher (which meant to go up and down three flights of stairs again WITH BUBBI in my arms this TIME). Then I had to get the pack n play,pillows, blankets, and two boys to the basement. All of which were on our 2nd floor. I had already been up and down the stairs 6+ times already...and no electricity means no A/C. Fun times.

So eventually we all made it our way down to the basement without getting burned, hurt by falling, or me dying of exhaustion. Of course I had to run back upstairs for my camera in order to document our night in the sewing room. Thanks to Daddy for making my sewing room so we have a carpeted place to sleep in the stormy weather!

As you can tell from the picture (11:00 by this time) that Patton is no where near sleepy...hence the reason for the pack n play.


You thought this story was done...nope! I am deathly afraid of snakes and we did see one in our basement 2 years ago...so what I am thinking as I settle in for the night...YEP SNAKES! So I knew I had never seen one while working in my room with the light on. But lights weren't an option because no power...so I kept a candle going (I know not a good idea)...but that was only way I could briefly sleep. Fun times!

No comments: