Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fun in Minnesota

We had a great day yesterday with our Cousins from Arizona/Minnesota. I will post pictures when I get home. Casey arrived at 5 am on Saturday morning (sleeping only 2 hours in Windom, MN). The boys and I have had a relaxing/rainy time at my grandparent's lake home/cabin. We have gotten to get out and see many new things for the boys. The only babies we have yet to see are baby fox and a baby bear. I think I will pass on both of those. We have seen plenty baby loons, unfortunately not the one that Grandpa cared for in his little cove. We have seen baby Canadian geese, odd weird looking sea gulls, turtles (both big and small), baby ducks, and more.

Yesterday was the first beautiful day on the lake and it was only fitting that the crew from AZ came from their farm in Minnesota or summer home. As we were preparing for their arrival, we were getting chairs and tables set up for lunch. Kenner, of course, was a work horse wiping tables, moving big chairs, and following all directions given from either me or dad. Bubbi on the other hand was taking his sweet time doing everything (aka Aunt Annie syndrome (AAS)). Sorry Aunt Annie...you did once say when we were little..."Dad, my batteries are run down, I can't pick up the toys." Meanwhile, big sister Rhiannon had all the toys picked up.

Back to the AAS, Bubbi was suppose to be putting the cushions on the chairs (only 6 of them). He had his puppy in tow as well. Casey asked him to put a cushion on the chair. He requested that he put his puppy down so he could use both hands of course to put the mini cushion on the chair. As he sat the puppy down, he also sat down on the chair. Casey asked, "Bubb you need to put the cushion on the chair." Bubbi responded, "I need to stay by my puppy so he doesn't run away." Hmmm...acting like Aunt Annie everyday!

So I don't leave Kenner out of any funny stories, here is one from the car ride up here.

I had just switched Grandpa seats in the van. He in the back seat with the two generals and I in the driver's seat. Grandpa hopped in the back and leaned over to Kenner and said, "Hey Brown Eyes." Kenner leaned over without missing a beat and said, "Hey Blue Eyes." Grandma and I were laughing at how quick Kenner was to respond. My next question was, "Does Grandpa really have blue eyes?" I had thought that Kenner just made it up...but he really does have blue eyes.

There is a little food for thought for the day. Happy Father's Day to all of you out there. I know I am blessed to be with two great Dad's this day!

Rhi in Minnesota

3 comments:

kayder1996 said...

We have a a slow as molasses boy too. He takes longer to eat than anyone I know. He chatters away at the table but doesn't eat. Not because he's not hungry but because he's just content to chatter-there'll be time to eat later. Hopefully it doesn't carry over into elementary, middle, and high school.

JAR Family said...

As I am putting Rylan to bed I am TRYING to read your blog and be QUIET! Nope, I am busting out laughing. This is WAY too funny! I can TOTALLY see myself as Bubbi and YOU as Kenner! OH MY LAND!!!! THIS IS FUNNY! Yes, two minutes have past and I am STILL laughing! Thanks for the laugh I really needed that!

JAR Family said...

On another note... why in the world would Bub and I attempt at doing something we are told when our older sister or brother would get it done before us?... or adventually get it done? Auh, it's been a day since I read this and I am STILL laughing! LOVE IT!