Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Meal Planning

I am trying to get back into the swing of things after coming home from an AWESOME week in Minnesota. I am also trying to spend as little as possible (therefore some of our meals might not be the most healthy:))

Tuesday
L- PB and J with fruit smoothies
D- Steak with mushrooms and potatoes

Wednesday
L- BBQ Pork sandwiches with peaches
D- Frozen Pizza with green beans (I have a PC party in Davenport)

Thursday
L- Easy Mac with hotdogs
D- Tacos with spanish rice

Friday
L- Leftovers
D- Maybe going CAMPING:)

Saturday
L- Spaghetti and green beans (making much much more for the freezer and for next week's lunches)
D- Homemade pizza (family tradition we have gotten away from)

Sunday
L-BBQ at church. I am making a Merry Cherry Dessert, because I have a plethora of cherries in my freeze. It is a chance to use my trifle bowl too!
D- Bertolli meal or Steaks (night off for mom:))

For those of you skeptical about couponing and meal planning and saving money. This meal plan took me about a 1/2 hour to come up with. The only things I NEED to buy this week are: bread, milk, angel food cake mix, and 3 oz Cherry Jello. This is after a week of being gone...so you can do it too!

I already have next week's meal plan done as well so I can look for sales tomorrow! Here is next's weeks grocery list I will need to get for groceries as well this week:

-lunch meat (only if on sale...if not we will have hot dogs)
-sliced cheese (again only if on sale...luxury item at our house)
- sour cream
- tortilla chips (for 4th celebration)
-zuchini
- fresh mushrooms
- hamburger buns

I will look for other things on sale to help me with meals in the coming weeks. I can't tell you how much fun it is to save money, serve my family, and feel like I am organized!
Minnesota pics to come. I have pink eye...so I have to make a trip to Linc Care.
Rhi

1 comment:

kayder1996 said...

Crete Walmart has thin sliced Land of Frost prepackaged deli meats on sale for $3 for a 1 lb package. There were coupons in an insert for $1 off a package so if you have the coupons you can get the meat for $2 a pound.