Monday, September 13, 2010

Meal plan for this week

Do you meal plan? I can't tell you how much it has saved me on time, effort, and just plain feeling like I get a good meal on the table for my family. I had a goal to clean out my bottom freezer. With just the meals from last week, I can finally see some free space in my freezer and I also have less in my cupboards, becauseI used excessive items paired with the freezer ingredients to clean both out at the same time. My grocery bills have been within the $20-$30 range the past month, because I am using what i have and TRYING to stay away from the sales. So with that being said...this is what I still have taking up space in our freezer that should be in our tummies.

Monday: Tacos with homemade salsa and beans
Tuesday: 4:30 Swimming lessons - Spaghetti and Meatballs (I will make tonight so that all we have to do is warm it up and make the noodles)
Wednesday:AWANA - Popcorn Chicken and homemade french fries
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Chix Pot Pie
Saturday: I think the boys and I are headed to the Apple Jack Festival in NE City. We will be back for supper, so I am thinking Green Bean Casserole.
Sunday: LUNCH - Roast, Potato, Carrots DINNER - Leftovers or hot beef sandwiches
I might try to make some homemade bread on Sunday...depending on my energy level.

Have a great week!
I along with my Aunt Kendra are starting to FLY This week with the FLY Lady. I have been doing baby fly steps, but I am starting to see about my weekly routine to see how it fits into our schedule. I HIGHLY suggest her website www.flylady.net. A bit overwhelming at first, but amazing if you do what she suggests and take BABY STEPS!
Rhi

No comments: