Monday, December 28, 2009

Eat from the Food Pantry Challenge

I am going to try throughout the month of January to "live" out of our freezer and pantry. We have plenty of meat and produce that needs to be cleaned out of our freezer so that I can defrost it. I also have plenty of cans in my pantry that would combine with the meat to make great meals. I have lived one year on a frugal lifestyle through groceries. I am trying to take it to the next level...only buying things at Walgreens and CVS if they are free. Both of those stores are great, but I am now questioning the correct pricing on the "deals" I have gotten this past year. I am going to try to live more from Super Saver and price matching and spending time in the Word with the once a day bible (which I started last year...), rather than running to all the stores. Let me know if you are in too...it will be fun to see what meals we can help each other with!

Happy meal planning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had to live by what was in our pantry during the snow storm. I wasn't able to stock up due to being sick the week prior to and during the storm. It's amazing what you can make with what you have! ;)