Monday, August 02, 2010

Mini recap

We have had a fun filled week before I head back to work, since I am writing this the morning that I start my new job...I thought I would be brief.

- We finished the reading program at the Library. What a great treat!
- We traveled to Minn last Tuesday and came home on Friday. Kenner was always the first one up and got to go tubing. Patton and Kenner enjoyed fishing and playing with their cousin Carter.
- We went to Aurora on Saturday to put up a BUNCH of sweet corn. All of us had a great time. What a process, but fun to experience it with everyone else.
- We rushed home to take a quick shower to go to our friend's grandson's 1st year party. Casey got to put his ice cream machine to use-we had mango flavor. Yum!
- Got to go out as grown ups last night at my friend Patty's house for supper. It was fun and the boys had fun with Laura at the park. we need to do this often.

Today is a big day that I have been wanting/dreading this whole summer. I start a new chapter in the game of life today. I pray that I can at least pretend to go through the motions and gain the knowledge I need to become a great SLP for the company. I pray that all my coworkers be patient with me as I learn a new system and a new way of thinking. I pray that my family is able to transition to a new job for mommy, new daycare for the boys, and new system of being in Lincoln all the time. I am thankful that I have an opportunity for a new job, a new start, and a fresh positive outlook on the field of Speech Language Pathology. I pray that I am able to work less and have more time for my family, but continuing to fulfill my need of helping others through the field of Speech Language Pathology.

Thank you for your thoughts for us this week as we transition.:)
rhi

No comments: