Sunday, December 12, 2010

December Photo Project 11 "Plan 2: Day w/ Dad"


What was planned and what happened on Saturday were two completely different events. As you can see here, the boys had a BLAST with dad at the NE Basketball game. The orginal plans of the day were to spend w/ mommy. As we were preparing to go to St. E's for Miracle on 70th Street, the boys were not listening and not doing their chores. I decided to do the silent crack down and pick up Kenner and put him in timeout in the hallway (as he had just hit Patton x 2). He was refusing to go and down he went and down I went on top of him. I hit my chin and belly. Not sure that I really hit my belly that hard, I didn't initally call the doctor. I loaded the boys up in the van and off we went to the big event to meet Aunt Kendra and the reindeer, sleigh and Santa. On my way, I felt more cramping on the way there. So I decided to call the doctor. The doctor told me to go to Labor and Delivery and get everything checked out. So instead of visiting the pt rooms on the Labor and Delivery floor, I was able to be a patient. Everything checked out fine. Ultra sound tech said I have a big baby and I don't have much more room for it to get much bigger. GREAT. I knew I was uncomfortable, but wasn't looking forward to even more discomfort for one more month.
The only problem of the day was that I started having contractions (i.e. 5 in 5 minutes). They weren't going to let me go home until they stopped or became farther apart. It wasn't until they gave me a muscle relaxor that they began to slow down. FYI: muscle relaxors knock you out. I was out from 4:00 pm Sat to 8:00 am Sun. Everything is good today, but I just can't run a 100 miles an hour any longer. I have to take breaks, and just relax a bit in order to decrease contractions. Neat huh?!?
At least I am off of work until Thursday. My great grandfather went to be w/ the Lord and his wife on Thursday night. He was 94 and lived a great life. His funeral will be more of a party and celebration than sadness...which I am thankful for.

No comments: