Monday, July 30, 2012

Attempt 101

I am attempting again to slow life down and really analyze what we spend our money on at the grocery store. Over at the grocery cart challenge, this mom spends only $60 a week on groceries. I have recently ran out of the beef we bought a year or two ago and have no freezer meals left. I jumped couponing ship when I had Ike a year and half ago. It was one thing it life that I just couldn't find time for. Now I am completely motivated to analyze our grocery spending each week in order to be a fulltime mom with a part time job versus the other way around. As soon as school starts I hope to have time to grocery shop by myself. A great friend who has been at this frugal shopping for a long time stated that shopping for deals is like a job. You can't bring children with you when attempting to keep everything straight. August first is coming quick. I hope (cross my fingers) I can blog my purchases each week to maybe motivate someone else to do the same. If you are in, let me know. Happy shopping.

No comments: