Monday, July 30, 2012

Yes day?

Not sure if I posted about my yes project or it was yet another blog post gone, but here's a story.

In a discipline talk that a friend had recently ( I wasn't able to go but I got the cliff notes from my aunt Kendra), one major point was to tell your children yes more than you tell them no. This child my friends is my yes project. He is super sweet but so is the devil.... No Payton isn't evil, he just knows how to push all of mommy's correct buttons.

Tonight patton comes down stairs ( btw he is not aware that he is my yes project) and asks, "mom is today yes day." see this attitude isn't new. His annual Christmas book from
Me for the theme for the past year was "yes day!". He loves that book and thinks it is so funny. So tonight he asks is it yes day? I thought before speaking and stated why? Because I was going to ask if we can stay up late tonight. See the schemer he is, ha ha. In the spirit of my yes project I simply stated, you may watch a cartoon. I didn't state no, but guided him in better direction. Here's to the first yes day.

No comments: