Friday, October 10, 2008

Kitchen and 911 (456938)

First of all 911 is a funny story not scary:) Kenner is learning about fire safety at school this week. We were on the way home from an evening my friend Heather and Kenner and Patton's best friend (so Kenner claimed on the way home) Lane and Kenner said, "Bubbi if you get hurt or there is a fire you call 91238462392, okay?" I just caught the last bit of the conversation before I busted a gut. So we preceeded to call Aunt Becca and Grandpa Pat to spread the news about the new 911 phone number. I just love that he is learning all new things, including a naughty word....which he has gotten the soap dispenser to his mouth! It worked and he didn't say it anymore. I didn't know what to do. Another journey started with motherhood:)

Now for our long awaited pics of the kitchen!
Here are the two helpers being shooed out of the kitchen...we don't need that much help, but thanks for asking boys! Before - the uppers

Ahh! Mommie got a break (I did offer it to Daddy...since he is the one doing all the work around here, but I think he liked getting Mrs. Opinion out of the house for a night!) THANKS CASEY! I went with my mom (no that isn't a typo), Becca and Mike. Unfortunately we lost...but I love Husker football!
Now for pictures this morning. It is 7:02 and the boys are still sleeping I have a meeting at 7:45 and I am still blogging...addiction!!!


First trial run of the concrete countertop. Too red...but cool!
The real thing with just the first buffing done last night.
This is the color with of course more shine and buffing to go on it...doesn't it look cool?

Have a great Friday. Pray for my friend Shawndra Turner, it looks like she is in the hospital.

Pumpkin patch tomorrow with cousin Rylan...here we come!

2 comments:

JAR Family said...

WE are so excited. Aunt Annie I think is the most excited of all. :) Can't wait to spend some time with you guys!
Love & Good Night!
Andrea

Anonymous said...

WOW! Love the color choice of the cabinets! It'll be great when it all comes together! Aren't you thankful for a handy hubby!?