Friday, October 03, 2008

New Blog Header

With going back to work, starting a new reading program (essentially no time for speech services), having no kitchen for a month, watching your son get sick and healed, and just life - I decided to live with this new motto. I realize that storm can mean different things to different people. For me at this moment, it is just life and living.

I love my husband and boys, my work, my hobbies, my family (extended near and far) BUT these last two weeks I have desired to take a time machine back to life when it was just me and only me. I have desired to be my own, to be on my own schedule, to get my to-do list done completely...then when letting Kenner and Patton receive the first prize at the Festival last weekend, watching them play games with Daddy, going for walks, helping Casey in the kitchen...I realized - My life wouldn't be the same without them. With the worries and stress, come the GREATEST JOYS like hearing a little brother say, "Ni Ni Nenna, wo you" and the big brother say, "I wove you too Bubb."

I guess my to-do list can get eternally longer and my stresses will remain the same. The thing that will constantly change is the timing of when God will decide to bless me with the next joy moment!
Good night and hopefully those Huskers pull an UPSET against the Tigers tomorrow! Go Huskers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice new blog header! And I hear you completely! I, too, have recently come to appreciate the life and path God has chosen for me. Some days are tough but, the years seem to fly by! Next year all of my kids will be in school, and it seems like just yesterday I had two in diapers! Glad to hear you are taking time to "smell the roses" and dance in the rain!

kayder1996 said...

Like the new photos as well. Rest assured in the thoughts that you are not in a place that God has not ordained you to be ie He has allowed you to be at this place, with these people, in these circumstance for His purposes. (Notice it doesn't say anything about simple, easy, comfortable, etc.. God has such a sense of humor, doesn't He?) Thinking of you-
Kayla

JAR Family said...

This is PRICELESS!