Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Grocery Deals in Lincoln, NE

Weekly Groceries 4/15/09
Yeah for Hyvee and their cheese price this week! Really you can’t have enough cheese. I found out the hard way that buying at Sam’s is nice, but quite expensive. I have found myself doing well on an average of $40-$50 grocery bill each week by buying things on sale and stocking up, so going to Sam’s last week and buying diapers and wipes…I was already at $50 YIKES! I think I am going to live without Sam’s for a while and just buy what I need when I need it (aka buy on sale). For example – Cheese at Sam’s is cheaper, but once you go home and package it all…you might as well stock up at Hyvee this weekJ Just my thoughts.

Also for those of you new at this grocery sale game – Super Saver is QUITE sneaky. I have successfully matched all competitor’s ads at Super Saver for a month now. I am finding that you don’t have to “match” as many prices as you think…because they mark down almost all other ads, especially Hyvee and Russ’s. So although their advertised prices might not be that great…they scope out the competition and mark their prices down .01 less! Sneaky? YES!

Also this is my disclaimer…I have only been really shopping the sales for 4 months now…so if you see something of mine wrong or I missed something, I would like to know. I am learning right along with the rest of you and the more we help each other the more we will see in our pockets!

Check out www.chicksdigdeals.blogspot.com Two women from the New Convenant Community Church have put a lot of work into finding sales in Lincoln. For example…follow their scenario and get paid for buying Easy Mac…no joke!

Have a great week!
Rhiannon
Hyvee
Shredded CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .99
1 lb Strawberries .99
Ragu Pasta Sauce .99
Stemilt Anjou Pears .99/lb
Hyvee100% Natural Fresh Whole Chicken .88/lb (a frugal friend once told me a recipe crock pot whole chicken…it was yummy!)
Rotel Tomato .79 10 oz
Russet Potatoes 1.18/5 lb bag
Hyvee Bacon 1.99
Midwest Country Fare Mushrooms .50
Old Orchard Juice Cocktails .99/64 oz
Hyvee Yogurt .30
Hyvee cottage Cheese 1.28 24 oz
Hyvee Frozen Potatoes 1.88 32 oz
Pepsi 3.33 12 pack

HyVee Online
Didn’t have time to look

RUSS’s MARKET
Cool Whip Aerosol Can .99
Fresh blueberries $2.00 for 4.4 oz (is this good?)
Russ’s Market Split Top Wheat bread 1.13
93% Ground Beef 2.49 BUT if you buy Taco Bell Shells, Salsa ($2.00), Seasoning Mix (.50) and Refried Beans (.89) you get $2.00 off your ground beef. If Taco supplies were running low or you were craving it…this might be the week.
Best Choice Enchilada Sauce 15 oz .79
Mission Tortillas 1.39/10 ct
Calidad Tortilla Chips .99/14 oz
Oscar Meyer and Louis Rich Variety Pack sandwich meat $2.50 8-12 oz
Avocados .98


SunMart
Dozen Eggs 1.00
Buy 6 save $3.00 on General Mills Cereal (1.50 after Q), Go gurt 2.00 after Q, Fiber One Toaster Pastries (1.50 with Q), Old El Paso Dinner Kits 2.00 after Q, Fruit by the Foot 1.50 after Q. All of these have additional Q in the Sunday papers…so you could possibly save a lot with these! The Q I am talking about when I say, “after Q” is in the insert in the Sun Mart Ad

SUPER SAVER (Fancy this week with their own section of ads!)
Best Choice American Singles 1.28 (16 slices)
Sirloin Tip Steak (10 lb package or more) 1.98/lb
*All the meat is a good price I believe if you want to buy it in quantities of 10 lbs or moreJ 85% lean hamburger 1.78 lb, Covered Wagon bacon 9.98/10 lbs
Duncan Hines Cake Mix .88
Broccoli 1.24 a bunch

No comments: