Sunday, May 31, 2009

Shopping for sales for EVERYONE not those that have access to computers

Super Saver is SO tricky!!! I went after church this Sunday am to get my .98 cereal (I wasn't able to get to either sale prior with my 1.00 off coupons)! I was quite confused when I went to the cereal aisle and checked the end caps for this deal...no such prices. I didn't think I needed to bring in my Super Saver ad to match Super Saver ads! I went up to the cashier and set the boxes of cereal aside. After she was ringing up my other purchases (I must say all with coupons!!), I told her that these might not ring up but blah blah blah about the Super Saver ad. She asked me if it was the correct ad, I said, yes. She went to get the manager. The manager said those prices are good, but they were in the wall of savings and not in the cereal aisle. PLUS she had to change the boxes of cereal I had (12 oz) to the 16-20 oz (BIGGER), because the 12 oz was 2.68 and the 16-20 oz were 1.98! If I didn't advocate for my pricing...I would have paid much more for these. I have slowly gained my confidence with shopping and knowing the prices...but today I gained even more confidence. I also became more frustrated on what stores get away with. I shared some of my coupons (because I really didn't need 10 boxes of cereal) with a dad and his daughter on the way in to Super Saver. I wanted to go find them in the store to ensure they got the correct ones...but didn't have the time. They probably didn't get a deal like I did, because they weren't aware of the prices. How frustrating!?!? Just thought I would share my thoughts!

No comments: