Friday, August 31, 2007

Week of 20-26



Wow! This week flew by. We were going somewhere every night...but that is okay, because it was my birthday:)




Monday- the boys and I stayed home and played trains with daddy.




Tuesday - My birthday. Kendra, Trevor, Craig, Jenn, Becca, Casey, Kenner and Patton and I went out to eat at the Outback. That was fun to hang out with everyone! Thank you to everyone that came! It really meant a lot! Tuesday night Casey and I decided that Kenner needed to learn to go to bed by himself and not have mommy fall asleep with him in his bed after they read books. Well Kenner screamed for an hour and then finally gave up. Poor guy...but hopefully we will see the rewards of this later. I really did like falling asleep with my little guy. He would do funny things like open just the little corner of his eye to make sure I was closing my eyes. We did get a Nemo stuffed animal and Thomas pillowcase for him...so he has someone to snuggle with.

Pictures of coming home from the Outback.

We took the paci away and Delaney taught him how to suck his thumb:)



Wednesday - We got to go out to eat with Gma and Gpa Kenner at Red Robin. We got to see Aunt Becca again. It is always nice to see Gma and Gpa! Wednesday was another sage at bed time...but this time it only lasted one minute. Casey and I both looked at each other and thought...Kenner is a quick study. If only potty training would go this good. I went in to check on the boys before I went to bed and found NOTHING in Kenner's bed. I proceeded to take a look in Patton's crib where I found: every book we own, three pillows, and Kenner and Patton laying beside each other sound asleep. I really wanted to take a picture, but I didn't want to wake them up! It was hillarious!! Kenner needed someone to sleep with him...so if it wasn't mommy it was going to be brother.




Thursday - Mommy had a Pampered Chef party, so Daddy took both boys to Columbus to get a new pickup. That night is a story in itself...so you will have to ask Casey about it if you want to hear more! To make a long story short, we have a blue ford pickup that has a new starter that was installed at 11:00 at night and arrived in Sprague at 2:00 am. Needless to say...Kenner didn't have any trouble going to bed this night.




Friday - We all enjoyed being home and doing nothing. Kenner and I did venture out to get groceries for my PC show that was on Saturday. In order to keep Kenner busy, I got the shopping cart with the truck on it and gave him a box of strawberries. When I handed the empty box with just stems in it to the cashier...she gave me quite the look. I proceeded to say, "Look at my son's shirt and that will answer all your questions.

Saturday - My cousin Carrie had a SPECTACULAR PC show!!!!! It was fun to see all my friends and to see Carrie's new house. We got to go out to eat with Amber, Sarah, Pat, Mom, Kelli and Stacia at Macaroni Grill. It wasn't too eventful except for Kenner eating the cigarette rocks and Patton spilling my mom's spaghetti all over her white pants and PAt's sandals! I believe that cured any thoughts of Amber having children for awhile...sorry Pat!




Sunday - Casey worked the National Guard booth at the Fair and I cleaned our house so that we could have Casey's Uncle, Aunt and cousin from North Carolina, whom I had never met. It was a great time to sit around and talk to them and to Casey's mom Judy. I love having people over...so it was right up my alley:) It was also nice to have a clean house for the start of the week. CAsey requested that if his uncle and aunt get rid of their liscense plate, then they can ship it to us. Casey would like to put it up in his shop. I think it is cool...don't you?


1 comment:

Astraea said...

Huh, I wonder where Kenner gets the need to sleep with everyone in his family? I DON'T KNOW ANYONE IN MY FAMILY LIKE THAT! Okay, I think I had some cousins that all slept together forever. A bunch of nuts, I say. I have a hard enough time sharing a king with Jon!