Monday, September 29, 2008

Smores anyone...

Well it is official OUR CUPBOARDS ARE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Menard's Guy called us tonight at 9:45 pm...how is that for service. YIPPEEEE!!! Casey might go pick them up tomorrow!

In celebration, Casey thought he would attempt at making smores. No not the chocolate gooey graham crackery snack we all knowand love...right Mom? Try bath towel, plastic screw container, screw kind. Yes, Casey did plug in the stove so that we could get that back into business and went back to his movie. Meanwhile I was paying bills and balancing the check book (OUCH AND I HATE MONEY AROUND THIS TIME OF THE MONTH WHILE PAYING BILLS), when I hear Casey say, "Is that you?" "Huh..." I didn't fart (sorry too much info...but that is what he usually says. Then I thought...no I didn't and how could he smell it clear in the back room even if I did (but I didn't!). Then I hear an "OH CRUD!!!!!!!!!!" followed by crashing of everything in the kitchen. I decided to see what the problem was and the minute I took 4 steps I could smell that he failed at his attempt to make a "shop" smore.

Him being the great and loving husband says, "WHY DID YOU TURN ON THE STOVE!!!!" Me being the innocent wife (always) says, "I didn't...why would I turn on the stove with all these things on top (two towels covering it, numerous tools, paint sticks, screws, light fixtures, honey bottles, etc)??????"

"Don't you think you could have hit it when working around it?" was my next question. "NO WAY!" Umhuh I agreed with him. After the stove and Casey cooled down he did agree that he probably hit it and it was only on low. My next response was, "We are very lucky that you didn't turn the power on and then leave." PRAISE GOD!

Well God has shown his light (literally) in our home again tonight! Thank you Jesus!

Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your stories; good, bad, and funny! By the way, you'll have to change your blog layout soon because it is officially fall. Hope your school year is off to a great start! Take care!