Thursday, March 05, 2009

I can't believe how much fun saving money is!

I really can't believe how much excitement I am in having saving money, cooking meals EVERY night and keeping my house cleaned has been for me the past two months...really...no joke. Just ask Annie, Kendra or Becca about my excitement:)
Here is my grocery run this week. I did go extremely over my budget...but CHEESE WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD and I am still learning at this Walgreens/CVS game.

Walgreens
OOP (out of pocket for you newbies) = 47.84

RR (Register Reward coupons to use next time just like cash) = $8.50

Easy Saver Mail in Rebate = 12.97+ (10% for putting it on a gift card) 1.29

Total spent = 25.08

Not sure if this was so good...but I did get 2 packs of pop, candy for my favorite 5th grade group at school and 4 bottles of cleaning supply.
NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF! HYVEE!!!!

4 8 oz sour creams - .59 each

Random frozen concentrates for our new fam fav Smoothies - 1.19 each

Ice Cream that is hidden in there for 2.68 (Breyers...you do kind of have to break the bank to get a family fav.)

Yes that is 18 bags of cheese at .99 EACH!!!! The best part of it was that I was able to get different kinds instead of just mozz and just cheddar if I was going to get it at a little higher price at Sam's. I didn't even have to bag this kind!!! YIPPEE!

10 8 oz cans of Tomato sauce at .19 each

Alpha bits cereal 1.88 x4 - 2.00 in coupons:)

8 Pizza Crusts at .25 each

What do you think the Grand total was?????

48.52 Yes, Kelly this is over my $20 a week grocery budget, but I got a lot of cheese!!!! I think I have plenty of food in my house to help me not buy groceries next week.

Here is the my prices to look out for this week in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Weekly Groceries 3/3/09

Hyvee
HyVee Shredded CHEESE!!! .99 /8 oz
Canteloupe 1.58 each
Whole Mushrooms 99/8 oz
Avocados .99
Tomato Sauce .19/8oz
Ocean Spray Juice 1.98/64 oz – Coupons
Post Cereals 1.88 – Coupons
HyVee Sour Cream .59/8 oz- Not sure if this is a deal…b/c prices are going up
Breyer’s Ice Cream (our fam fav) 2.68/48 oz
Old Orchard Juice Frozen Concentrate 1.19/12oz
Dole Frozen Fruit deal only on 16oz packages for 2.99
HyVee Pizza Crust Mixes .25/each

HyVee Online
Hyvee Russet Potatoes 2.98/10 lbs

RUSS’s MARKET
Best Choice Ice cream .89/1/2 Gallon
Jack’s Pizza 2.00/pizza
Kraft String Cheese 2.69/12 oz
Brita Pitcher 9.99 (yeah! Ours had mold in it…how is that for fresh?)
Pepsi Products 4/$11 12 packs (buy three reg and get one diet free)
Cantaloupe 1.50 each

SunMart
Our Family Mushrooms .50/4oz

SUPER SAVER
Best Choice Shredded Cheese 6.36/32 oz (1.59/8 oz) Is this good?
Meadow Gold/Viva Milk 1.98/gal!!!!!! Only until 3/7 Limit 2
CASH SAVERS
Roberts Sour Cream .98/16 oz

No comments: