Sunday, August 23, 2009

the BIG 30!

My husband and two sisters created a big surprise party for me at Red Robin the night before my birthday. I am SO BLESSED to have two sets of Grandparents plus many other family members that were able to be there. There aren't too many people that can say they had BOTH SETS of grandparents at their 30th birthday party (many people probably don't have birthday party at 30 either...but I LOVE birthdays:))

I was sure I was having a surprise party on Friday night, the night of my actual birthday. My mom and dad took the boys for the weekend, so Casey and I could get some siding done on our house (and to enjoy time as husband and wife without our blessings:))

We had a great weekend. We went out to eat to Olive Garden on Friday night, sided as much as we could on our house on Saturday, went to Shogun's on Saturday night and went to Julie and Juila the movie on Saturday night. I can't tell you much about the movie...because I SLEPT through it. Poor Casey didn't want to see the movie and I REALLY wanted to...but I can't take MASH at 10:00 at night...not sure what I was thinking that I could take a movie at 9:45. I guess I can blame it on old age.

I am some what burnt out of life today. I get to enjoy a day by myself (Casey has guard drill today). I have been running at 100%, which I have loved the last two weeks. Laundry is done, house is always picked up, boys and I have had fun, work is going well, I am working out for more than an hour everyday afterschool...but I believe life has caught up with me today. I am somewhat stuffed up and have NO energy. So my original list to do: sew, clean more extensively, shop for deals has turned into: Farmville, listening to Christian music, nap, freeze my tomatos, and planning my meals for the week. Everyone needs one of these days!

Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 30TH RHI!!!! HOPE YOU HAD AN AWESOME BDAY...SOUNDS LIKE YOU DID!