Monday, August 31, 2009

State Fair

We had a great day at the State Fair on Saturday. I am trying to get my house back together after have a fun "no housework" weekend...so this will be short and sweet.


We decided to go to this Dare Devil show. I proceeded to leave after this Dare Devil decided to put a cordless drill and pound a nail with hammer into his nasal canal. Seeing that those are commonly used and left out items in our house...we left immediately! After stating 100 million times to both Kenner and Patton that we do NOT do that in our family!!!!

So we left the show area, toured the rest of the fair and sat down to watch our friend Don ride his tractor in the parade. Just as the parade was ending, Kenner said, "I have to go to the bathroom." Kelly (Casey's mom) said, "I wondered why he hadn't asked in a while (or all day)." As she was finishing that sentence I turned and noticed that one sprinkler was on on the lawn of the Devaney Center. OH no...it wasn't a sprinkler but a little boy relieving himself in front of MANY people. Grandma Kelly says, "No Kenner." Then GRACIOUSLY walks away from him. I step up to be the responsible mother...but what am I to do. You can't stop a kid mid-stream...so I just pretended to really care and repeated the phrase "Kenner, you can't do this here" times about 24. AFter he had done his job, we all proceeded to roll on the ground (no not the recently sprinkled lawn) laughing. It was a very funny moment.

We decided to eat at Lee's Chicken...yum! Home cooking with out the home or cooking!! Patton proceeded to stick a french fry in his nose and say "Look mom it broke." (a mini show of our friend the Dare Devil." NICE!!! Stay tuned to other adventures of things in the wrong places in the coming weeks...as my two boys are mimics of those around them.
Lovely!

Our house is finally looking somewhat like a new home. WE have siding 1/2 up one side of the house. It will go a lot faster in two weeks when the guy who is wrapping our windows comes back! YEAH!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds like fun! I hope your little dare devils don't try anything too drastic. I can only imagine what mine would do like that. Good luck!