Sunday, August 02, 2009

CVS and Walgreens trip

Thanks to my great husband for taking the boys fishing tonight...I was able to have a night off. So where did I go? You guessed it...CVS and Walgreens! I can't believe how much fun I have at these stores!!! If you are the receiving end of my weekly frugal friends grocery sales email...you should be happy that you aren't on the receiving end of my giddy phone calls after saving a TON of money at these stores (thank Dad, Mom, Annie, and Kendra for being a listener for me!)
CVS TRIP:
2 transactions:
#1 total 24.02 (Used 9.89 in ECB and 1.75 in coupons). SAVED: 35.74 or 60% off
#2 total 3.95 (Used 14.35 in ECB and 2.50 in coupons ). SAVED: 21.43 or 84% off
Both transactions together I saved, 67% off~ Plus I have $5 and a free toothbrush to spend the next time I go!
Walgreens trip (Note...I would not have gotten all the boxes of cereal, but I get a $10 check from Kellogg's for their Back to school promotion going on now:))
#1 Total 18.95 - Total Savings 13.05 or 40%
#2 Total 2.45 - Total Savings 10.70 or 81%
Plus I have $6 to spend the next time I go:)
I have been WAITING for Raisin Bran to go on sale to make the 6 week muffins. I almost CAVED last week and bought some at $4 something a box. Good things come to those who wait!
PS. Like my flowers I so delicately placed in the photo...they were free! From my landscaping!


1 comment:

Astraea said...

No more soda if you're doing the P90X!!