Sunday, August 02, 2009

Refueling flight

I was able to go on a Refueling flight with the KC-135's that Casey works with at the Air National Guard. To be honest, I wasn't the most excited person to go (with school coming soon...my to do list for the summer has hardly been started so I was thinking of all the other million things I could do).

After getting a cup of hot chocolate and meeting Casey, I got more excited. I didn't know that Casey got to go WITH me! It was a date in the air:) I am trying out a new thing with a slide show, because the pictures do better if you see them right after each other. You will see that I got to sit in the boomer's seat (hard to call it a seat when you lay down in it) during take off. I got to see a B52 get refueled. It was also a "2 ship" flight (I think...) so you will see pictures of another KC-135 and B52 getting refueled in front of us. I got to sit in the cockpit during landing. There were only 6 other people on the flight with Casey and I...so we got a great chance to do many things (some of which weren't legal). Hopefully the slide show works.

Thanks Casey! It was a great time and even better because I got to spend the whole morning with him...as he was getting paid:)

No comments: