Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day Three - San Antonio

We went to an AWESOME funland inside yesterday. They had hand pedaled trains, basketball hoop and balls, pirate ship with slide, castle with slide, super huge playground with tunnels, indoor theater, bounce house, and snack shop.

I was completely excited when I saw two sweaty boys jump for almost 45 minutes non stop in the bounce house....thinking what a great nap they will have.

NO LUCK! It must have been the very nutritious lunch we had of nachos and Diet Dr. Pepper (I know Mom of the Year!)

We got back home to find them cleaning our room, so we procrastinated a little more (did I note that we left EXTRA early so they could clean our room...looks like they were late today!). So I wrestled with the boys until Daddy got home.

We made tacos out of the microwave and had Warm Delights for dessert. Yum! We did eat green beans...so there was some nutrition in the day.

The entire family enjoyed watching America's Got Talent. It is weird for me to say the entire family...because we hardly ever do anything as a family (which watching TV as a family is an extreme rarity).

I have discovered if you take: laundry, cleaning, dishes, sewing, Pampered Chef, couponing, making beds, running errands away the desires of reading and exercising pop up...strange! This must be a reality check that maybe I need to do more a schedule at home, so I can enjoy the cravings of reading and exercising.

Well we are going to play at the park this am and then to the pool this afternoon. I hope we get to go see Ice Age 3D (which would be another first...movie as a family) tonight at the Drafthouse, which features dinner and movie. You sit at a table and eat while you watch...fun don't you think?

Wish me luck...I don't believe I have spent this much time with my children in such a confined place. The train table in the basement is something I have taken for granted. To have some peace and quiet by myself for 10 minutes is something I REALLY miss. Casey granted me time last night to go by myself...but I didn't realize how much I should have taken him up on it!!!! I am going to cure this by going to get something to read at the BX while the boys play on the playground and swim in the baby pool.

A major shout out to those of you that stay at home with your children and don't run the life we do...I don't think I could do it!!






















































No comments: