Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Funny Stories

I really wish I had my camera or thought about it at the time of this story...but didn't.

We had a glorious time in Minnesota with my grandparents. My boys LOVED helping Grandpa in every thing that he did from filling the bird feeders to cleaning toilets...yes cleaning toilets. Kenner is BIG into doing chores these days, because he is earning enough money for a bike.

As Grandpa and Kenner with toilet cleaning supplies in tow were headed to the bathroom, I said, "I am not sure I want Kenner to know how to do that Grandpa." He laughed and said, "You're right...they do learn rather quickly." But we both brushed it off, as neither of us thought he would ever try to clean a toilet!?!?

Well last week, I found our first floor toilet cleaned by Kenner. It was okay though, because I left the new flushable toilet cleaner on the cleaner wand. I caught him as he was trying to get the flushable cleaner off the wand. No problem!

About 30 minutes later, the boys were playing in the basement and I was either doing dishes or Becca's wedding video when I heard hurtful cries from the basement. I thought, "What could they have gotten into down there...there isn't anything they can get hurt down there (since I cleaned it)" I decided to investigate. As I climbed down the stairs, I realized that they were in the bathroom. Kenner was sitting by the open door crying and Patton was on the bathroom rug in the bathroom. Kenner said, "I hit my head." Well WHY would Kenner have hit his head? It is because they decided to clean toilet #2 with nothing else but dish soap and orange degreaser. Yes the two more slippery items when put on linoleum (sp?) floor! I didn't have any compassion for them, as I was hysterically laughing. Patton was "perched" on the rug, because he was not able to move without falling on his rump.

There was dish soap and orange degreaser all over the floor. It was quite hillarious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great story!! Oh, the joys of parenting! (: