Monday, March 08, 2010

Meal Planning Monday

I was able to exchange some meals for freezer cooking last week, which meant I got to pick my friend Carla's brain for a few minutes. She is a complete inspiration to me. She is a POSITIVE mom, great wife, and great friend (even to me which I know her through other people). I could only wish to be her:) She and I have talked frugalness this past year. She has lived like the lady on the "Grocery Cart Challenge." I have lived the shop CVS, Walgreens, and free world. Carla has spent less on groceries, while I have not spent any more than previous years but I have a TON more in my house. She brought up a good point, "Money in my pocket is better money spent sitting on my shelves." Hmm! So in honor of this great point, I am going to continue to shop my cupboards before making my meal plan. I did a great job of this last year in the beginning of the year, but then got sucked into all the great deals. I will still hit the great deals, but with a maximum I can spend each month. When my "envelope" is empty for groceries...so too is my desire for the great deals:)



I am also needing to defrost my freezer...so we are eating out of our cupboards and freezer the next month:)



Monday - Roast and carrots (crock pot)

Tuesday - Spaghetti (simple Hunt's sauce and no meat) and corn

Wednesday - Either smoked pork (yes we just got a smoker:) YUM!) or frozen pizza

Thursday - out to eat with Gma and Gpa:) We love it when they come to town!

Friday - Tuna and noodles

Saturday - L: Heather's house (I have plenty of hot dogs to share:)) D: Pork tacos with black beans**

Sunday - Lunch Bunch at Church D: Chicken and green beans



**I was inspired to make my own beans. I bought a bag from Super Saver, soaked the black beans for two days on my counter (waited to see the white sprouting from the middle), put them in my crockpot on low over night. I bagged them and now will use them on Saturday night.

No comments: