Tuesday, March 02, 2010

what would you do without me...

Kenner and Patton are growing up before my eyes. Kenner is such a big helper and Patton, well, is Patton (aka Annie). They are really desiring to be at home more...me too, but the time will come in May that I can stay home two days a week more:)

Tonight I did my Motivated Mom planner and I asked the boys to help me. Patton, of course, went about his own business NOT helping. Kenner was at my side before I could say, "Come help me." Kenner is my cleaner of the cupboards. I love having my dark cupboards, but they show dirt alot! He loves doing it and does it well. As he was cleaning the cupboards and I was cleaning the floor, he looked at me and said, "What would you do without me, Mom?" I replied, "I don't know Kenner. I am so proud of you and all that you help me with."

How sweet is that?

Another funny comment today from Kenner. Note: today was Dr. Seuss's birthday and they were going to have a birthday party at preschool. Kenner got out of the car (at daycare), glanced over to school and said, "I know that they are going to have balloons at our birthday party" in a very sure voice. He looked at me and I tried to keep in the laughter knowing that they probably weren't going to have balloons and said, "Yeah." Then he looked at me with a puzzled look, "They have balloons at all birthday parties, don't they?" "Yes they do." Then I proceeded to go to school and call his teacher and tell her this story. When I went into the room, they had hung balloons from the ceiling. Kenner was so excited:) Kenner has an amazing preschool teacher in Miss Anne!

No comments: