Monday, June 21, 2010

Meal Planning Monday

Monday - is gone and so am I. VBS zapped me for the day...thankful to have a built in playmate to play together while I don't feel well

Tuesday -
L: Chimichangas (freezer cooking)
D: Old Chicago with Aunt Becca and Toy Story 3

Wednesday -
L: Grilled Cheese
D: Simply Elegant Steak and Rice (I didn't make it last week)

Thursday -
L: Healthy Choice Meals
D: Chicken and Grilled Veggies (woohoo zuchini from our garden!)

Friday -
L: Lunch at VBS
D: Boys' Choice

Saturday -
L: Leftovers unless Dad gets back early
D: At my friend Jenn's Wedding!!!

Sunday -
L/D: Kenner's Art Birthday party!

Questions about meal planning:
How do I do it: I plan my meals around what I have in my cupboards and buy what I need to fill the recipe. I (sometimes) plan two weeks out...so that I plan my meals for the next week for what is on sale this week. Make sense?

I have, as many of you know, been on a saving money kick. Little did I know that time spent and gas money spent getting EVERY deal is maybe not saving time in my life. I have not thrown out my coupon book...but I have put it on the back burner. I have a friend who does and organizes freezer cooking each month. Then she spends minimal amount of groceries on veggies, milk, and other things to supplement the freezer cooking. I think that when I begin to work again the fall I am going to do the freezer cooking each month. If anyone is interested in knowing more about freezer cooking, let me know and I can let you know of the in's and out's.

Meal planning has saved me money, because I don't have the urge to just go to fast food because I know I have something waiting for me to cook in the fridge or better yet waiting for me in the crock pot:)

1 comment:

kayder1996 said...

Are you doing your own freezer cooking or with another group? If you're interested in starting a freezer group here, I'd be interested in joining. (And probably can find some others who would be too.)