Thursday, February 18, 2010

no more facebook

After listening to a few radio stations yesterday and after attending Ash Wednesday and listening to the sermon, I have decided to give up something that possibly I need to cut back on but will be extremely difficult. Many of the choices were electronics, because they are running our lives. 40 days is the "normal" cycle for lessening a habit or kicking it. Unfortunately, facebook, farmville, and spending endless time on them gets me NO where, except with a pile of ever growing laundry, bills, and housework. I am desperate to keep up with my friends on facebook, but many times it isn't keeping up with them but rather keeping up with whether they brushed their teeth or not:)

I know that I will probably be replacing my facebook posts with most posts about the boys...but this is something that will mean more to the boys later in life than a list of facebook posts about me working out or something like that:)

One of my new year's resolutions was to cut back on farmville, but unfortunately I can't do it for myself...instead I am going to do it for God. I am excited to have more time to read Christian literature, our lenten readings and get back to my daily bible readings.

May you all have a blessed Lenten season and may we all grow together in our relationship with our Lord.

No comments: