Monday, October 11, 2010

Meal plan for this week

I am going to give a shout out to my husband and boys for not going out to eat for 2 weeks now:) We have been deligent w/ eating at home. It is amazing to hear the things we are all thankful for (as we have to give two things to pray for each meal): table, chairs, rice, (any thing we are having and if the boys don't know they ask w/ one eye open as we pray), mommy's, daddy's, days off, good weather, etc.

I am so thankful for freezer cooking so it allows me to keep FLYing and also provides a good meal for my family. For example, on Saturday night we were to have frozen pizza, but I didn't have my hubby's favorite...so he resorted to the Bertolli meal of shrimp and liguini. It was okay, but high in fat, sodium, etc and cost a dollar more than entire meal for my whole family w/ freezer cooking:) Fun times in the Svitak's.

here is what we are serving this week:

Monday: BROKE the no eating out rule as Daddy was working on the house very hard today...so free labor = $10 pizza from Pizza Hut

Tuesday: Swim Lesssons + Family Night at Library + Grandma and Grandpa Jimmy coming to town = RED ROBIN

Wednesday: Beef and Noodles* w/ green beans

Thursday: Round Steak and Mushroom gravy w/ red potatoes (3 lbs brown round steak, 1 package Lipton Onion Soup, 1 can of cream of mushroom in crockpot 4-6 hours)

Friday: TWIG - Baked Ziti*

Saturday:
I am excited to have my family over for the TX game. Why my family? Caleb is coming back w/ his girlfriend and they are going to the NE vs TX game...so I thought I would invite my family to come over (that is not attending the game) and watch the game. This challenges the #1 FLY LADY rule: FLYing = no CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). I refuse to go crazy w/ cleaning instead...cont w/ my routines I have set up and my house will be ready any day this week for a crowd:)
Lunch: Santa Fe Chicken Nachos* and/or Beef Calzone*
Snacks: Salsa/Sour Cream Dip w/ crackers, Ham/Pickle/Cream Cheese rollups
Dinnner: Chili and Cinnamon Rolls

Sunday: We get to go help our great friends, Don and Maggie, celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary for lunch.
D: Spaghetti and corn

Hope you have a great week. If you haven't checked out the "flylady" you need to...I can't tell you how nice life is to have a house that is picked up, meals on the table each night, and no stress about any of the previous said:)

Rhiannon

1 comment:

kayder1996 said...

I'm sure I've probably said this to you before but I read something once that completely changed my thoughts on cleanliness. (Well maybe not changed but at least alleviated my guilt.) The jist of it was that how we clean for company sends messages to our kids. Frantically cleaning so the house looks good enough communicates that we are not good enough the way we are, that we have to change to make people like us. Reading that made my stomach turn a bit, definitely not the message I want my kids to embrace.