Sunday, October 17, 2010

Snowball

Patton is our animal lover and I wish, oh I wish, that my camera was not in the shop. A completely black cat showed up on our porch on Friday night. Patton immediately went and got a water dish for it. Then requested that we find food for it, because it told him it was hungry.

Patton was in HEAVEN! We have no idea if this cat is someone's or if it is stray. After we told the boys to say good night to the kitty, Patton came in and said to Casey, "Dad, I FINALLY have a pet cat." in his little sweet voice.

On Saturday, while we still had company, snowball came back. Patton couldn't have been more excited. My cat came back. We repeated the steps we had done the night before. This time I sat outside to soak in all the Pattonism's w/ the cat. Unfortunately I don't remember any of them except his departing comments as he said good night. "Good night snowball. I wove you! Will you pwease come back tomorrow?" Talk about a heart melting comment.
*Other comments I now recall: Meow, Meow - Patton: Mom he just said that he loves me.
Patton: Wet's put him on the chair so he has a nice bed. **He attempted to put the cat on the chair x 3 w/out luck.

Patton and Daddy made a trip into town tonight and of course they got Snowball some food. I was really hoping that our snowball came back tonight...since we made an investment:) Snowball arrived at it's normal time and LOVED the food.

Once I get my camera I plan to take a picture of this cat and post it around Sprague...so that if it does belong to someone we let them know we are "sharing" it. If it doesn't belong to someone...we probably need to come up with a winter plan.

Does anyone have any suggestions for taking in a stray cat? THIS CAT WILL NOT be coming into our house...but it is so sad to see it outside when it gets cold...any solutions anyone?

No comments: