Monday, March 07, 2011

I love my mom!

This morning, Kenner woke up and came downstairs. He said, "Is Gramma here?" I replied, "No, she is at home. We have been super lucky to have Grandma at our house so much, haven't we?" Kenner looked at me and said, "Yes." After a while, Patton woke up and came downstairs. W/out saying anything, Kenner informed Bubbi, "Hey Bub, Gramma isn't here today, but aren't we lucky to have such a great Grandma." Ahh, music to my ears. I am blessed to have so many people to help me out. It has been such a blessing to have my mom here to help me with a transistion from 2 to 3 kids. I think it is strange that I have children at the same distances apart as she did, she had 3 girls and I have 3 boys.

My mom was here the night I came home from the hospital. I remember (and don't think I will ever forget) looking at her with tears in my eyes, "I am not sure how to do this (pointing to Ike)and that (pointing to the boys running around)." Everyone knows that people are crazy after they have babies w/ their emotions, but I really wasn't sure. I was able to stay in the hospital for a few days longer d/t a c-section, so I had the "baby" thing down. I was completely overwhelmed to come home w/ calm little baby to the craziness of the other two boys. My mom looked at me and said, "You can do it!" Those 4 words couldn't come from anyone else to make me realize that yes I could do it. I don't think I would have been able to do it w/ confidence these last 8 weeks w/out her help. She was able to take the two older boys for a week to Hebron, she came and cleaned and did my laundry last week while I went back to work for the first time. Again, it is the little things that help a person get through the toughest times. It is SUCH a TREAT to have her here to talk, play with the boys, and watch TV shows together. I know that sounds funny, but it is fun to have a best friend in a mom to do all those things together with.

I love you mom and THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all the things you have done for me! I hope to be a mom like you to my boys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, note to self: Do not read while pregnant and be decent enough to go back to work. Secondly, I agree with everything you said. We are truely lucky to have a mom like ours! She's one of a kind! Rhiannon you ARE a wonderful Mom and a total motivation to me! Thank you for being you!