Thursday, August 21, 2008

Birthday at KFC

Tonight was a great night to go out to eat. It was beautiful and the NEW KFC buffet was awesome inside and had a great patio that we could eat outside and not feel guilty about making a big mess!

Today was a day for cops and breaking the rules. I got the pleasure to receive a knife as a gift from one of my students. Yeah he won't be going to school for a day, because he didn't threaten anyone for it. It was bigger than my hand and a switch blade. Not a little pocket knife. I can't believe how calm I was as the entire thing went on. If you want more detail...I will share, but not on the blog. If that wasn't enough, when we went to KFC the cops were called on a mom, because she paid for her 4 kids, but didn't pay for her buffet. The manager warned her, but she kept on doing it. The manager called the cops! 5.00 dollars lady!! We weren't sure the conversation of the cops, but I am sure she got a slap on the wrist. Ahh the memories! Had we gone somewhere else we wouldn't have had that memorable story!

I did talk with my mom and she verifies my story and still feels bad about the KFC experience on my birthday:) She is making up for it by taking Kenner this weekend to World's of Fun. Bubb gets to stay home and have mom and dad time in the dirt while we either get sod or smooth out our dirt for seed. Fun times.

It was a great birthday! My friends in the mild-moderate Special Ed room made me peanut butter rice krispie treats with sprinkles. It was awesome to all work together, an autistic boy, a blind boy, and a boy who has trouble learning and talking....all working together to make something for me. It was awesome and they were very good! Thanks Jenn for organizing it!

Good night!

1 comment:

Astraea said...

We are praying for you guys!! Give Kenner a big kiss and hug. We love you dearly.