Sunday, August 31, 2008

Plans for getting the tube out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenner's leak has stayed and if it continues to remain a leak then tomorrow at 4:00 am they will begin taking him off his sedation medicine and putting him on a drip type of sedation. This will allow them to immediately take off the sedation medicine when they take out his tube.

They will also stop his feeding and gradually ween him off the ventilator. Hopefully this will happen in a matter of 6 hours and about 10 am he will be off the ventilator and be able to breathe smoothly. He will be hoarse and will have morphine to help him with any pain that might linger.

The morphine part was a huge relief for me as I saw first hand how much pain he was in before they vented him when he attempted to clear his throat. I was afraid of this happening again. I will be rest assured that he will have to be breathing without stidor, eating well, and healthy before he leaves.

This will mean that he will be in PICU for 12-24 hours, then upstairs for 2-3 days until he is completely healed.

God is good! Pray that this plan is God's plan and that we have a talking little boy tomorrow.

Thanks for all your support and continued prayers!
Love - Rhi on behalf of Kenner and the Svitak's

2 comments:

JAR Family said...

Good Job Kenner! This totally brings tears to my eyes! AMEN! GOD IS GOOD and we have to remember that in the worst of times! I am sure this made your entire day! AUH! Keep it up Kenner!
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
The J.A.R.'s

Astraea said...

I've got tears in my eyes right now. We love you guys so much. I wish we could be there to give you big hug. Thank you LORD!!!!