Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

If you haven't yet checked out my blog friend, Shawndra Turner's blog, then please do. She has helped me keep a perspective on life and birthdays. Pray for her healing!

She was so thankful to live another year when she reached her 31st birthday this year. I have always loved birthdays...just ask Casey. He thinks I am a little over the top when it comes to birthdays...but it is my only day:)

Tomorrow I have survived in this world a whole 29 years. I am so lucky to have had met the people I have met, done the things I have done, traveled the places I have traveled and to begin to raise two beautiful boys at such a young age. In celebrating my birthday I get to celebrate my life and see how blessed I am to have the people that I have in my life.

Tonight I had a Pampered Chef party at my sister's house (technically my uncle's, but she lives with him). It was fun to see the family and friends and just hang with some gals. Thanks to Casey for watching the boys!!

I will be celebrating my birthday with a birthday supper at....drum roll please...The NEW KFC buffet in Lincoln. Yes you might have to read it again it is the KFC buffet. We are going there, because 20 years ago my mom, aunt, and grandma decided to take all of us girl cousins school shopping in Omaha. I really don't and didn't ask for much for my birthday, but when my mom asks, "Where would you like to go for your birthday for lunch?" I felt that if someone is going to ask then they need to follow through with it. (yes I was MUCH MUCH more stubborn then as opposed to now...believe it or not!) I said, "KFC." I remember traveling in the suburban, when my grandma asks a person in another vehicle where the nearest KFC was. He explained that it was clear across town. With the power shoppers that we have in our family...that would take too much time out of day just for lunch. So my mom proceeded to promise that we would get there for supper. Okay I think...she can't promise me something and not follow through with it on MY birthday. The rest of the day lingers on as my littlest sister gets a cool mini reclining chair from Mrs. B's furniture mart (which she and I shared the same birthday), and my middle sister gets a gerbil. What did I get....nothing just a promise for KFC. Day turns into night and we leave Omaha and my mom says, "I just where there is a KFC in Lincoln." GREAT!!! FINALLY I GET SOMETHING FOR MY BIRTHDAY....food:) We pull up at 9 o'clock and I say, "POPEYE's!!!!" I had it. Everyone else enjoyed a cajun chicken meal from Popeye's while I sat pouting in the car beside the recliner for my sister and gerbil for my other sister. I remember that my Grandma Jackie came out with some food to see if I wanted it and she talked me out of letting my sister's gerbil out of its cage and into the city of Lincoln.

Needless to say, I will be getting my meal at KFC for my birthday but only 20 years later (now that makes a person feel old:))

Good night and have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

Astraea said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy that buffet! Your mom should treat. :)