Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday update

Hello all! Kenner is getting breathing treatments today (alittle troublesome for me, because that is what they were doing before and it didn't work...patience and trust I know God...help me with this!)

This causes the mucus in his lungs to break up, which causes him to be suctioned more so that his oxygen levels go up. This requires the respiratory therapist to put a machine on him that vibrates his lungs to break up all the mucus even more. If Kenner were awake, this would cause him to go into a tickling frenzy.

He is looking more puffy everyday, but that is because he isn't moving around. They said once he moves around when he gets better it will all go away.

No leak in his vocal cord. His official diagnosis is (please bear with me with my spelling) tracheotitis (inflamation of the vocal cords or trachea). It is a waiting game and thanks to Uncle Craig and Uncle Trevor I now have wireless internet by his bedside. This has helped make this afternoon go tremendously fast...so post anything and it will help keep me busy:) I can also check my email crsvitak@windstream.net.

Thanks for everything and your continued prayers!
Rhiannon

No comments: