Sunday, August 17, 2008

Crazy Week!

This week was the first full week of work for me. We had our first day of school on Thursday. It was the longest week of my life. Ever since I had Kenner it has felt as if life has blown by...not this week! I have never had a week this long in a long time!!

Today the boys and I recovered from a long week by helping me clean the house, sort through the piles that have been accumulating around the house, moving around furniture (it is a bad habit that Casey does not particularly like!), and just playing!

The boys will be going to a new daycare/preschool on Monday, so you can all say a little prayer that the transistion goes smoothly. I had to make switch for several reasons. To name a few: breakfast being served at daycare at 8:00 and not 6:30 at home, not having to travel out in the country during bad weather (my car will stay clean!!!) and challenging Kenner more with a structured preschool in the daycare. If you ask Kenner about his new "school" he will tell you that he gets to bring his backpack and will have a lot of new friends.

If anyone knows me, you know that me taking a break from life and sitting down to read a magazine or my Pampered Chef newsletter is a bit odd...but tonight I did (and to watch the Olympics). Casey had to do make up a guard drill and then went scuba diving with his friend Jesse, so it was just the boys and I all day. I got the boys to bed and instead of going back down stairs to finish my banana pepper freezing process I decided to sit, turn on the light and read a couple articles. I don't sleep on the side of the bed with the light, so I don't turn it on very often. I turned on the light and this is what I saw....

What are you thinking...bat, dead rat? At first I was not the brightest cookie and tapped on the lamp shade. Then I thought...THIS IS AN ANIMAL! STUPID ME!!! I did not have the courage to actually look at the animal. My SPED director called to confirm some things for tomorrow and she told me to put a garbage bag around it and take it out side. Yes GREAT Idea....that is if I had the courage to put the bag over the light. I know...wimp! I peered into the lamp shade and this is what I saw...
Can you see the little brown tail? Yes I thought it was a tail. I was trying to process all the animal knowledge that I had and no animal was checking out. Bats hang by their feet, possums are too big to be hanging in my lamp. One thing I knew for sure was that I REALLY didn't want to find out what type of animal it was. I met Casey on the porch and told him about the situation. He went up and BRAVE HUSBAND peered into the lamp. He said, "Oh it's a BAT!" I proceeded to shove the bag into his face and run into the boys' room and shut the door. Then I peered out the door and this is what he showed me...
Hmmm...where is the brown tail? I guess I had a rude awakening to living in a house with boys! I bet the boys threw this around and it got caught in the light. Thanks to my brave husband though!!! Fun times in our house!

Other things I did today: put up 2 quarts of peaches(it could have been 4, but Kenner ate them as I was blanching them), made a huge batch of homemade applesauce, cut out 20+ banana peppers to freeze tomorrow, oh and painted my bathroom...YES RANDOM!!

It looks so much better and know I have put my painting skills to work in all the rooms in this house. Doesn't it look better than yellow walls and trim?

And to end the night on a good note...here are my two boys on the first day of school!



I hope everyone has a great week! Thanks to my loving family for all the support they gave me this last week with taking the boys, to talking with me, to all the fruit we got! We love you!

1 comment:

wyss3 said...

OMG! That is one of the cutest pictures of the boys I have ever seen! They must h ave been excited to start school! Miss you guys!