Wednesday, December 03, 2008

DDP 3


Today has been a day of thankfulness.
I was thankful for time by myself this am. I was able to eat an entire bowl of Life cereal, check my DDP friends, and pick up my house this morning before my two boys got up.
I was thankful that my husband worked tirelessly on our kitchen so that I could enjoy a freshly clean, dust-free bowl of cereal to enjoy during my time alone and be able to clean it in a real sink.
I was thankful that my husband (and I) worked so hard to insulate, insulate, insulate our huge garage. I walked into the garage this morning and we were no longer cold!
I was thankful that my husband cleaned (with my help:)) cleaned up our garage before he left so that I could park in the car. PTL for not having to scrap the windshield with my credit card.
I was thankful for two little snow bunnies making new tracks in the snow (the picture for today). Kenner loves his new hat and had to put on a scarf because I had one on! Hillarious! Today was Patton's first independent walk in the snow. How fun is that! It is crazy to think that he was not walking yet a year ago. Oh those were the days (as he is jumping off of furniture with his brother as I am blogging).
I was thankful for my car. It took us to Crete and back without any troubles (My mom's van on the other hand didn't. Thank God that it went bad as she was getting off the interstate).
I was thankful for a babysitter in the city limits of Crete. No more slipping and sliding out in the country.
I was thankful for arriving at school with 10 minutes to spare (7:50) and having to drive 45 the entire way. No way would I have been able to make that time without Stepping Stones in Crete.
I was thankful for my job and patience. I have a renewed sense of patience this week. Let's hope this stays for two more weeks anyway.
I was thankful for two boys playing in the bathtub at 6:00 pm tonight for a 1/2 hour, while I cleaned up the kitchen, vaccuumed, and checked blogs. (I was also thankful for their safety...I went in a few times to see what they were laughing about and they were playing jungle gym with the towel rack...eek!) I know safety police I need to be sitting by them while in the tub, but I was only a matter of 10 feet away from them doing the cleaning:)
I am thankful for coming upon Stephanie Vest's website. She is not doing very well, but the strength and courage I have read through her blog has given me a new outlook on life and relationships. Please pray for her, her family, and her 3 children.
Lastly I am thankful for my ability to be a Godly Mom. I had a very hard decision tonight to go to Awana in Lincoln or stay home. Kenner (and I) love Awana, but I am not sure we could take another bathless, late night in Lincoln. After talking with my friend Kayla, I decided it isn't what I take my kids to to teach them about Jesus. But rather what we do together that counts. We have had some great time tonight being Mommy Kangaroo, Kenner Kangaroo, and Bubbi Kangaroo. I am not not participating in Awana, we will be back. I am just not sure how much more I can add to my plate while Casey is gone. Tonight has been a blessed night hopping from place to place (yes I even hopped from the dining room to the kitchen with a chair...because I was Momma Kangaroo!) and spending some good time while I put them to bed.
I knew it was the right decision when we were praying before supper and I peeked while I was praying and both my boys heads were down, eyes closed, I closed the prayer and both of them said, "Amen" in unison! Amen to that!
Have a great Thursday!

No comments: