Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Kenner!

Happy Third Birthday Kenner (6/29/08)! It was just yesterday that we were selling our house, moving into a "Flip this House" type of house, and you were brought home from the hospital! You are such a great part of our family and continue to make us all laugh with all your funny comments: "Look Kendra a bug with a candle" (he was holding a lightning bug), "You can," "I'm going pee!" (which means I have to go potty). Love you Kenner MacArthur

We had a small birthday party this year, because his birthday fell in between two big weddings (my cousin Eric's and my aunt Kendra's), gas is so high, we got to see G-Gpa and G-Gma Kenner the night before at the Dairy Queen, Becca and Mike were moving, and everyone else that wasn't at the party was in Hastings with G-Gpa Roger, and G-Gma Jackie. Get Well Soon.
Grandma Kelly said it best when describing this scene after Kenner had opened his card from Great Grandma Georgene with money and Kenner wanted to put the money in his pockets without any help... "I'm going to follow Kenner around all day." Kenner and the birthday flag. HE LOVED IT! Immediately when he woke up he said, "Let's go put up our birthday flag!"

There is the attempt at a wheel. I was going to make a McQueen cake...but no time. Thanks to Daddy for his knowledge of tires to tell me to put the lug nuts on the cake!
After I put all the plates out (by the way there was a whole party pack for McQueen things for $10 and all of this was included excluding the cake and the candle), Kenner decided that... he was going to set his table. I thought it was really cute. He set a place for Emily, Kenner and Patton!

See my Lightning McQueen Candle? He must really love the candle, because this is the best smile I have ever gotten out of him!
Big boy blowing out his candles.
Bubbi thought that he needed to do it too...so we re-lit them and watch Bubbi blow! It is all that practice with blowing bubbles outside.
Kenner and Patton on their new teetor totter. Kenner loving it...Patton not so much!


Bubbi isn't sure what he thinks of this new toy...I think the bar was on his foot! THE OLD, but NEW TEETOR-TOTTER!
Pictures of my bucket of flowers...Kenner will tell you that they are HIS flowers, because he did help me plant them and pick them out.
The Elge Crew - Grandpa Dennis, Grandma Kelly, Dad, Uncle Levi and the Birthday Boy
Aunt Lucy and G-Grandma Georgene (who is a frequent blog checker...thanks for checking and also thanks for coming down to help us celebrate!)
Bubbi and Bubbles...hmmm that is strange! HE LOVES BUBBLES!!!


Kenner on the teetor-totter (again my attempt at getting a cool shot...hmm!)
Kenner reading his card from Aunt Becca and Uncle Mike, but he is used to reading his postcards from G-Gparents Jim and Jan that he said, "McQueen races, love Grandpa Jim and Grandma Jan" I thought this was rather cute and smart that he knew it was from someone. Too bad he wasn't picking up on the visual cues of Becca giving him the card:)
Hey it is Kenner and his new GOBBLES! You guys are too cool for me! Do you have circulation to your head Becca? Those were Kenner's shades when he was 3 months old!
I HAD to get a picture of the humor that happens everyday at our house and many times in one day while potty training Kenner. I am a big one on positive reinforcement, so I have bribed Kenner with many many many things for him to go potty. In case I forget...Patton reminds me when Kenner goes what he thinks Kenner might want. Most of the time Patton requests "pop" for Kenner. Kenner always tells Bubbi to look and Bubbi does just that and is inches away in the "squirt zone." I find it funny everytime and had to take a picture of it!

No comments: