Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lucky Dog Kenner 2000-2008

How a single family who did not have an indoor pet prior to 2000 could get so attached to such a great dog is out of my mind.

For some rare occurance, our great dog Lucky went to heaven on Thursday morning. I wish that I had pictures of Lucky, because I was just in Hebron the week before she died. I wanted to get pictures of the boys loving on her, but I thought...NEXT TIME?!?!

I have assurance that she is in Heaven, because she attended the pet blessing ceremony in Crosslake, Minnesota with my Grandparents a couple years ago. :)

Lucky's memories(in the words of my family):
From my Dad:
I probably don't deserve a great dog friend like Lucky (nor do we want another great dog friend like Lucky says Mom and I). It seems so stupid to be crying over a dumb dog but she was truly an integral part of our family. Mom and I were laughing yesterday over the memories of Caleb coming in on Christmas day doing the fist pounds in the air saying "YES, YES, YES" in gratitude for Santa's deliver of his #1 item on the list that year, a huskie. Then we were laughing about the time a few years later with Father Sheehy when Caleb made the connection that Lucky and the Bongo drums didn't come from Santa but from us.....Santa didn't really exist.

Lucky was a great companion being mom's follower at home following around with her throughout the house whatever she was doing. While she didn't always come home when she was supposed she never talked back which was nice. I guess she didn't answer her cell phone either but that isn't too much different than others we know! We can all enjoy the fond memories of Lucky for years to come from the jet ski rides to the puppies and trips to the psychologist.

From my Sister Annie:
After what we have been thru with a friend like Lucky it is crazy to realize how close you really get. But think about it. It is the best kind of friend you can have. She didn’t talk back, she spoke when you asked her too, she was happy as ever when you walked in the door (even if the last time you saw her you punished her for something she did), she warmed your feet without being grossed out, and the list goes on. She is always there for you when you needed her the most!

I laugh over the time about Christmas as well and remember the ride home with Lucky on my lap. She was awesome! Then I also remember the comment Caleb gave a few weeks after Christmas how next year he was going to ask for a Pony.

I talked to Jeremy last night and like with anything it just takes time to heal. Yes, it is like loosing a great friend and part of the family. Don’t feel like you are sad because it is a dog. People without animals don’t understand but people that do… understand and most of them have dealt with the same sad deal before.

Enjoy the memories… she will never be forgotten! Better get back to work. It’s real fun crying when I hardly know the people I work with… they are all looking at me like I am some nut job!

From Me:
I will never forget going to see her for the first time at her secret Santa location at grandma and grandpa's house. I remember not sleeping on Christmas Eve in anticipation of Caleb's reaction...which was one for the memory books!

I will always miss her welcome home bark as I walked up the driveway after coming home from college or just home for the weekend. I won't ever forget looking for her in the river and trying to lure her into my car, which ended up with a muddy mess.

Last Saturday I had been at Mom and Dad's house for 20 minutes and let Lucky out on her leash, when Dad came home. Lucky howled and howled at Dad to let her back in. Dad ran inside dropped his bags and frantically said, "I gotta get Lucky, she is so hot she has been out there for ever." I replied, "I hate to break it to you...I just put her out there. She just wants your attention." Dad said, "I guess she knows who she can fool and who is in charge around here!"

I will never forget her scratching at the carpet to make the non-plush carpet even softer. Mom and Dad might have to invest in a better garbage disposal, because they won't have someone to clean up after dinner.

Lastly, Lucky was a great dog and loved by all, except one little boy, Kenner. The last memory of I have of the boys and Lucky is, "Kennu up Wucky, kennu up." (translated Kennel Up Lucky, Kennel Up)

We love you Lucky...have fun with Tipsy!

No comments: