Monday, July 07, 2008

My Garden

You will find out from my previous posts that I had may hands full with many things...but not full enough. I decided to finish landscaping our yard and plant a garden this year. Here is my garden:


14 tomato plants (various big tomato kinds)

Several onions


.


1 cucumber plant (from my grandpa Jimmy)


Several various pepper plants



I call it my salsa garden. I didn't initially intend to have such a big garden, so if you are driving through town stop by Kenner and Patton's garden stand (in a few weeks) to help support their swing set fund:)


I have been very lucky to have a "snake" free garden (which I know that I am writing this that they are all slithering their way over there. I am not snake free this year though. I did have a slimy friend find me while mowing. Instead of screaming shutting the mower off and running inside for the next three days, I (with some self talk of "You are bigger than that silly snake) tried to run it over several times. All of which I think the snake did not succumb to the blades and get chopped up. I do believe it left me a ransom note in his skin though and a direct arrow as where to find him the next time I want to try to end his life:) He left this on my sidewalk right before you step on my deck...game is on SNAKE!


No comments: