Tuesday, September 02, 2008

501 - quiet and peaceful

Hello all! I am writing from the Family Resource Center as a break. My dad came so that I could go get something to eat and inform the world about my son (yes world...we have had over 500+ hits since I first blogged about Kenner). The prayers are being heard, but please continue!

Kenner is still in a daze and isn't recognizing anyone. I am the equivalent of the new nurses we just met when we went up to floor 5. He has not voluntarily moved a muscle from his nose down (exception of his neck and lungs). I have gotten to hold him in my lap, but he is unwilling to even sit up on his own. The doctors are saying that this is somewhat normal after all the meds and things he has been through this last week (yikes...it has been a week!)

Please pray that we get to see that handsome smile soon. He is experiencing a withdrawal like any person addicted to heavy drugs would be. This mean tremors, sadness, irregular heart beats (which isn't one to sleep well on), and not talking. We haven't heard a single word out of his mouth nor have we really even heard a cry. I pray that his vocal folds are not damaged too bad after being intubated and such.

This is a difficult time for me as my patience is decreasing hour by hour. I am being very truthful here...so please be kind in your thoughts of me. After being told a week ago that "give him an hour and he will be better" then told once we get him extubated (vent off and tube out) he will be his normal self in a day. It has been more than an hour and more than a day. I am a person with a huge cause effect mind, so these things not ringing true tests a person. I find myself impatient in my mind with him not wanting to drink or eat more. I am sure this all has to do with a total of about 15-16 total hours of sleep I have gotten the past week and the frustration that I desperately want my little boy to play ball with to hear his misarticulations of his l's and r's, to hear his bumpy speech when he is telling us a made up story, to hear him say "I wove you too Mom" and many other things.

He is showing us his beautiful brown eyes and he does occasionally scrunch them together in order to tell us that he is ignoring us:) It does bring a smile to my face. He is breathing on room air and clearing his lungs and throat by himself, which is much answered prayer!

Thanks for all your support and love you have given us and hopefully I will be writing soon about all the stories Kenner has told us.

Rhiannon

4 comments:

The Chelton's said...

OH Rhi:

My heart aches for you right now. I can not imagine how you are feeling, not will I even say I understand, as no one, except anyone who has been in your place can know how this feels.

It is ok to question and have lots of them. And to be told one thing and then not see it has to be very scary.

As always, our prayers are with you and Kenner and the whole family. Our hope is that this whole thing would be over before we know it.

Keep your head up and give Kenner a big hug for us. I know holding him has to be a big relief and feel so good right now.

I know this is hard but please try and get some sleep, you need it, Kenner needs you to be rested and not get sick too. Please try at least.

Love and Prayers:
Lisa and the family

The Huttes' said...

Rhiannon, Casey and Kenner:

We are so thankful to hear that Kenner is off his meds and moved upstairs! We will continue to pray for him to become more alert (every time I think of him I see this blonde little boy running around the room or playing some sport! Soon he will be that active happy little guy!!

Rhiannon,I wish there was something I could be doing for you but please know that when you come home I will be expecting a call to babysit those 2 guys of yours so you can rest or pamper yourself (Center Stage)!! I would offer to make you a meal or two but I'm not the cook you are so maybe you will have to be satisfied with Vals or KFC or some other gift card restaurant!!

Casey and Bob are working tonight on insulating your kitchen. It would be great if they would be able to get the drywall done before Kenner comes home so he won't be in the dust. But that is one more time when you should call on the Huttes' to babysit!!

Thanks so much for keeping all of us updated you do a great job!!

Take care and Maggie says hello and she is praying for you also!!

Bob, Marilyn, Morgan and Zane

P.S.: Rhiannon I decided to try to logon again so hopefully it works!

Astraea said...

God is good. He is holding Kenner's hand as he journeys back to you. We love you.
-Tay & Crew

R Kenner said...

I couldn't be more thankful that Kenner is finally breathing on his own, but the tears just roll reading your blog. I just know how much you've been waiting and wanting to see Kenner back to his normal, bubbly self. I've thought so much about you these past couple of days that I haven't been up there at the hospital. It drives me crazy knowing I had to go to work today and that I couldn't be there by you and Kenner. I miss you guys here in Lincoln!! Can't wait for you to come home. Love you so much.
-Aunt Becca