Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Physical Therapy and Fever

Kenner has come down with a fever this evening. He has been given Tylenol every 4 hours since he was off the vent for his sore throat. Please pray that his fever is just his body reacting to all his physical activity today.

He did take three steps on his own today. It is amazing how much of a struggle it is for him to walk, sit up, and hit a ball off the tee. The PT said that his body is working so much on just trying to stand that it takes even more for him to think about hitting the ball off the tee.

Pray that Kenner continues to heal from his tracheotitis and his fever goes down.

Thanks to Aunt Becca for coming tonight so that I could take a break and enjoy the cold weather outside. I was able to walk over to the other hospital for supper. Uncle Craig came over too. I wasn't able to talk with any doctors today about a plan, but I am guessing that we are here for another day because he isn't sitting up by himself yet.

Shanael was here today and Justin and Bella weren't able to come in, because only siblings can come in. Kenner lit up when he opened his puzzle! Thanks so much. Your love and support has been amazing!

Well Palin is off the stage, so I might go to bed again tonight at a normal time. I felt as if I slept for days last night! I hope that Kenner sleeps all night as well.

Love you all! Rhi

2 comments:

Astraea said...

Go away fever!!! Sleep tight. We love you dearly.

JAR Family said...

Have a great day Kenner! I will try to come up tonight!
Lots of love,
Andrea