Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Mickey Mouse" "I want my Mommy"

First phrases out of Kenner's mouth today after a great night sleep by both Kenner and Mommy! For those of you that may think, "Can I just have one moment of silence from my children's talking?" please look at the positive that your child is healthy and can talk. Kenner ate a whole thing of applesauce, had POP!!, ate mini M and M's, opened his presents, smiled when he say all his balloons, laughed when he hit the balloon and it hit Mommy's face!

AMEN! I know that God has a plan for all of us, but many times it is difficult to willingly follow. Thank you Lord!

Thanks to my wonderful collegues in Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy I have been able to apply some strategies while we are in the hospital today. He used a pincher grasp when picking up his mini M and M's. We did have a PT come and visit today. She said that he is weak, but that is from laying in a bed for more than a week. Because we are in isolation they get to bring all the toys into us. She said she would bring a bat, ball and TEE back. I hope these windows are plexi glass, because I don't think they understand his strength (when fully recovered).

Kenner got to say, "I love you Bubbi" today on the phone. He got to speak with several people and is Kenner again minus his fatigue...but well expected.

WOW! Words can not describe the amount of energy I have now that Kenner is talking and himself and after a full night's sleep. I think I doubled the amount of sleep I had all last week in just last night's sleep!

Thank you for all your support and love! I really couldn't have made it without your comments and prayers.

Thanks again - Signing out as a very proud and happy mother of two boys that are on the move to being healthy again!

Bubbi is feeling better but just has a cough.

YEAH!!!

5 comments:

The Stewarts said...

So happy to hear that things are looking up!

Astraea said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! Hugs and kisses from the AZ cousins!

JAR Family said...

PRAISE GOD!!!! ... for so many things. Kenner looks 100% better than just what he did on Monday! Even though he was pretty tired when I got to see him... I can still see his improvement from the little things he did say... like call me BECCA! Rhiannon you look much better today as well. It's amazing what a little sleep can do huh?! The prayers are still pouring out for you and Kenner...
Lots of love,
Andrea

kayder1996 said...

Your good news makes me smile. As far as I know, our kids in Haiti are okay. One is up in the mountains so while they get heavy rains, it's not like it's the coast. Kenson is on the coast but far enough away that the last we heard they had only had minor flooding in a storage area.
Kayla

Bruce and Deb said...

This is awesome news! Prayer does wonderful things. Hope all goes according to plan and you can leave the hospital with Kenner tomorrow. You will remain in our prayers. May each day be better..
God Bless!
deb