Monday, September 01, 2008

Up but not here...

We need a different prayer request for tonight and tomorrow. Imagine a puppy who was taken away from his mom and put in his new home. The puppy is very timid, shy, and looks like it wants to cry all the time.

Kenner is very unoriented and scared. All the nurses have to wear masks and complete garb so they look scary. He is not sure where he is and isn't talking.

Please pray that he will begin to come out of his drowsiness and be more like Kenner.

He will be moving to the 5th floor tomorrow where there are a ton of clothes. I am not requesting things, but if you happen to send anything or give Kenner anything if you could wrap it like a present. We are approaching this whole situation like a birthday party in the hospital in order for him to understand this whole thing and make the hospital situation a good thing to him.

Thanks for all your prayers. It was the greatest gift to be able to hold my son and let him sleep on me a little today. He hasn't said anything yet and is only barely shaking his head yes or no.

My days of Speech Pathology in the hospital are coming to use with swallowing and neuro evals of him. Praise God that I still have that information:)

Thanks again for all your prayers! I won't be posting during the day tomorrow, because Uncle Craig has to go to work with his computer:( He will probably be upstairs for 2-3 more days until he is a normal boy again.

Good night (not so much sleep tonight...due to his alertness PRAISE GOD!)

4 comments:

JAR Family said...

Hey Kenner,

Thanks for letting me sing 5-15 little monkeys to you last night. It's fun to see you again. :) Keep getting better you look better everytime I see you!

Lots of Love,
Aunt Annie

wyss3 said...

Praise God! Every time I read your posts, I hear of the great progress Kenner is making. It reminds me that all good things take time. We will continue praying that time heals Kenner and the staff at the hospital is wise and helpful. We also pray for strength for Rhiannon and Casey in their time of sleep deprevation and stress! Can't wait to see you all again soon!
Love
The Wyss'

Kirk said...

Hey guys, we're praying for you!

Anonymous said...

When I read your post's last night I was reminded of the song, "Fingerprints of God". It's a great reminder of who we belong to and how much He cares for his children. Kenner is so precious in God's sight!! We are praying for a quick recovery for him and for strength for Mommy & Daddy! Keep trusting God, He had this planned before time began!
Love you guys!!