Friday, September 05, 2008

Going home today!

Hooray! (as Kenner would say) we are going home today. Kenner got his IV out of his right arm and last IV in him last night. He is a lot weaker on his right side, due to this IV. So it is nice to get it out! I am not sure what time we will be leaving, but they said sometime after rounds which are around 10:00

Before we embark into the real world I thought I would share some funny moments (yes I was able to take some funny moments from this whole horrible ordeal!)

Uncle Craig was telling everyone that Kenner was seduced. Um Craig Sedated!!! not seduced!

My mom was reading my brother Caleb's facebook messages outloud when they came across a guy friend's post that was reminising about previously fun times and in it was lol. My read it as lots of love. Umm Mom that doesn't really fit!

As Kenner was initially coming out of his paralytic, Aunt Becca arrived. She asked him if he wanted to see Aunt Becca and he shook his head no! Sorry Aunt Becca he does like you now. Maybe sublimably he doesn't like you or was thinking of someone else:) J/k

On the second day of being up here, Kenner's nurse Becci told Kenner (while in his medically induced coma) that he would be the best kid in the world if he didn't go #2 until after her shift was over. Wouldn't you know it that 15 minutes into the next nurse's shift he went and went ALOT! Becci came back the next day and was very happy to hear that! He did like his nurse Becci

Can anyone else remember any more that I don't remember?

Have a great Friday! **We are close to 6,000 hits. I think we have had close to 1,000 hits in 10 days! Thanks to this blog, because we would have had to tell this story over and over. Please don't be a stranger to our blog after this whole ordeal. We do have a lot of fun and I love to share our family story with you. Yes it may be crazy and you might not believe the things we do...but we do!

Love you all!

1 comment:

Jantzen Family said...

Casey and Rhiannon,

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this journey with you and for being so open about the highs and lows that you have had over the last two weeks. I must say that I have been changed by the whole process and I am so proud of how you have pressed on during this trial.
There have been many times that I have been brought to tears over the last two weeks such as :
• Seeing Kenner struggle at Saint Elizabeth to take his next breath and watching you Rhiannon as you tried to comfort him while you lay in bed with him.
• Watching Casey carry his son down to ISU and knowing that in a short time he would be unable to respond or talk because of the ventilator.
• Seeing Rhiannon respond after she had been told by the doctors that it would 4-5 days before they would know anything and that their son would be on the vent for at least 5 day.
• Reading all of the post on the blog..etc.

But the one time that I cried that I hope I never forget is when I was in church and we were singing the song, “Let Everything that Has Breathe Praise the Lord”:

I couldn’t help but cry as I thought of little Kenner as he laid there in the hospital without a “Breathe” of his own but even in his weakness and his inability to verbally Praise the Lord, I could still Praise the Lord for his faithfulness as he protected Kenner and both of you up to that point.

We have much to be thankful for and I can’t wait to give you a big hug Kenner.

Know that you are all loved,

Kendra