Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Note from my Dad

All: I wanted to pass on that I received a call this morning from Kenner. He sounded pretty wraspy but that is to be expected after having a tube down your throat for a week. I went up yesterday afternoon to give Rhiannon and Carlece a little relief sitting with Kenner. It was pretty scary as he looked like a lost puppy and had no expression and just gazed out the window or at the TV. He moved out of intensive care yesterday morning into a really nice room. Last night they started him on methadone and another medication to relieve his withdrawal symptoms from being on the heavy meds for the past week. I think that really helped him out and the Kenner we knew before has started to come out of the shell which made us so happy. He was talking and eating this morning so I think he will be able to get out tomorrow. Since the Svitak's are remodelling their kitchen I think he and Rhiannon are going to join Patton with Casey's parents in Aurora for a few days and recoup. I think we are out of the woods now and wanted to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Pat

This note was from my Dad. My grandparents (Jim and Jan Kenner) came up this afternoon after my mom, Annie, Jeremy, and Craig were here for lunch.

Kenner has PT two times a day due to his inability to even walk or sit up. Thanks to my experience at school I have been able to make hime work all morning. We are taking a break now for a nap and then we will be up when Aunt Becca and Daddy come.

No comments: