Sunday, September 07, 2008

Home and then away again

Hello all! We eventually made it home on Friday night after our car decided it wanted to stop 2-3 times in Omaha, then it stopped as we turned on our last stretch of highway before Sprague it died again. Casey walked (then got a ride) into Sprague, got the truck and towed us the last mile before we made it home.

Bob and Marilyn brought us supper, only for me to find that we hadn't gotten Kenner's prescription. I went back into Lincoln and then back home. Ahhh your own bed is something you take for granted! Both Kenner and I have enjoyed sleeping in our own beds the last two nights. We both have gotten around 10+ hours of sleep. Yesterday Kenner played with Zane while I ran into town to get Daddy a present. He wanted a work radio and I was too cheap to say that he could have it. But he also has worked his tail off, so off I went and brought it home. I think he has enjoyed it already!!!

Kenner and I played a while and then we back out to the Huttes'/Mitchell's house to help with sugar cookies...or should I say eat them. Yum! They watched Kenner for a little while while I mowed our much needed lawn! It looks as good as it will get with a lawn full of weeds. Maybe sometime we will get to our lawn. Kitchen first:)

Grandpa Jim and Grandma Jan came over and took us out to the "Dairy Queen" in Hickman. It was nice and great to see them again. They said that Kenner is making more improvements than when they saw him last.

We came home, cleaned up Daddy's garage, while Daddy and Kenner played inside. Then to bed.

Daddy is working very hard on our kitchen!! We are off to Aurora this morning in order to get Bubbi and also just hang on the farm and watch Uncle Levi play football. We are very sad that we missed Aunt Lucy's play:(

Have a great Sunday. Now I know what everyone was talking about with this cold weather. It was odd to go in summer and come out fall!

Love - Rhi

4 comments:

Astraea said...

Cold weather...it is 104 here today!!

The Pences said...

Oh my gosh Rhiannon! I hadn't checked your blog in a while and just read everything that has been going on with Kenner! How terrible, I'm so glad you are home! How scary that must have bene!

wyss3 said...

Sounds like things are getting back to "normal" at your house finally! (And by normal, I mean: tackling multiple projects, busy days, and chasing 2 boys!) I am happy to hear you made it home and Kenner is getting better. Hope to see you soon! Julie

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you guys are home! Sometimes it's the little things in life that we take for granted..ya know like healthy kids or sleeping in your own beds! Glad that all our prayers availed and that God gave your family strength to make it through the storm.
Love you guys and miss you!!